Edinburgh Macmillan Art Show:
Nov 1-30, 2021
Update: 28 July 2021
The committee has decided to extend the deadline for Open Call applications to August 4, 2021, due to a number of enquiries received after the previous deadline. Please see below for Open Call details and use the following Application Form Link:
Update: 20 July 2021
Dear Artists. Applications for the 2021 show are now closed. Thank you for the large number of submissions and for supporting the show! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Update: 26 May 2021
Open Call for Artists!
We are now welcoming applications to exhibit at the 2021 show and are now holding an Open Call for applications from artists based in Scotland. Applications will go to a selection panel after the deadline (19th July) and you will be informed if your work is selected by the first week of September, 2021.
- Works can be any medium, framed or unframed. If the work is a print, then up to 10 prints of the same work will count as 1 submission.
- Based on sales experience, this year we are especially interested in artworks no larger than 100cm x 100cm and up to £800. However, we will consider larger and more expensive works too.
- We ask that work has not been exhibited in galleries in Edinburgh 6 months prior to the Show and was not exhibited in a previous Edinburgh Macmillan Art Show.
- All selected works will be displayed at a special Edinburgh Macmillan Art Show SquareUp.com website which will also handle sales, receipts, and payments. SquareUp.com charges 1.9% of the total price and they manage and confirm payment from the buyer before the sold sticker is placed on the page. This charge will come from Macmillan’s share but all exhibiting artists are asked to be responsible for postage and packaging or arrangements for pick up if local, so please factor the costs for this into your pricing. We will provide all artists with the buyer’s contact and shipping details once a sale is complete. We request that you follow Data Protection regulations, and use the buyer details only for the purpose intended.
- Neither Macmillan Cancer Support nor Edinburgh Macmillan Art Show Committee are responsible for any refunds/disputes between buyers and artists.
Donation to Macmillan
Each artist is asked to make a minimum donation of 50% of the sale price when the work sells. Some artists choose to donate up to 100% of the value, which we greatly appreciate. Even though our fundraising has reduced, Macmillan Cancer Support has continued to support people living with cancer throughout the pandemic. ALL the proceeds from the online sale help Macmillan Cancer Support, so we would take this opportunity to ask you to please consider whether you can donate more than 50%.
Previous Update: 21 April 2021
We are pleased to announce that the 2021 Edinburgh Macmillan Art Show will be taking place online again as in 2020, from November 1-30, 2021.
As government restrictions ease, we will attempt to add more in-person events (such as artist talks and specially themed pop-up events) , but all artwork will be displayed and sold online as in 2020.
Please watch this space for more information on participating in the show. We expect to announce an open call for artists around mid May, 2021.